Tuesday 25 November 2014

Freedom from and of the year.



Every now and again a piece of paper drops through the letter-box and that piece of paper contains a schedule for the coming week’s work.

The letter-box is, of course, probably, an e-mail in-box but you get my drift.

It’s a box.

This week, at the top of the piece of paper, it said “Week 48”.

Can it be?

Surely it was only a few days ago that I was throwing 2013 snowballs?

Not two thousand and thirteen of the things I hasten to add, but last year’s versions.

Week 48! That must mean…

Hang on..

One, two……. Six……..fifteen……..

Four weeks of the year to go!

Wow.

Er.

Hang on….

Fifteen, sixteen, twenty…… thirty four…… fift….

Today’s the 24th (when I write), plus 4 weeks, that’ll be the 24th again…. I think…

So…

Uncountable days!

Days that don’t count!


Freedom!

No comments: