Sunday 21 September 2014

Yeah! Ofter.



I saw Jesus on the industrial estate last Friday.

I was in a hurry so I didn’t have time to stop; he seemed pretty busy too.


I knew it were he because he was standing on a small grassy hillock next to the office where the software engineers work, and some of them were standing at his feet listening.

The software engineering office is just down the access road from the tree that was partly cut last year because of disease and is opposite the new concrete four-story car park that is going up.

He still had his beard and he was holding a piece of bread. The software engineers looked interested in what he was saying.

I couldn’t stop though, so I drove on to the office where I needed to work, I parked and went in.

One day last year, before the tree got cut, I had done the same and as I entered I was surprised to hear a voice coming from the empty air about me.

I couldn’t make out what was being said but I knew it was the Virgin Mary.

It’s a pretty interesting industrial estate, as industrial estates go.

I told the secretary about the Virgin Mary and she asked me if I knew about the smoker’s balcony on the second floor that can’t be seen from the road because of high bamboo growth.

She took to calling me Jean D’Arc for the rest of the week.

I hadn’t known that the Virgin Mary smokes.


Virginia lights perhaps.

No comments: