Monday 14 July 2014

2nd Gloat of the year.

and this picture was meant to be here all along


Ok so what did we learn from that lot?

Well…. To start off I think we can all agree that full time plus extra time is a VERY LONG time.
But not as long as waiting since 1966 for England to get a second star on their shirt.

Four years ago everyone was pretty happy when Spain finally scored and we could go home to bed, this time the people sitting around were more divided, a lot of us were rooting for Argentina.  

But of course none of that really matters.

What really matters is whether, in the local chapter of the Football World Cup Fantasy League, I managed to retain my title of World Cup Champion that I contrived to win last time round. 

As you can imagine there were a lot of bragging rights at stake – or as Mandy pointed out last night as we struggled to stay awake in a bar far, far, away – “you want to gloat”.

That I do.

Here’re the results. 


I’d have to say that that is pretty conclusive and raises the disturbing question that some of my friends might not be taking this as seriously as I am.

On a more sobering note, in the non-local chapter of the aforementioned fantasy league I came 74, 706th.

How cool is that?

I’m thinking of getting a badge made.

By the way, AND I’m sure that you are wondering ………………. there were 1,061,784 people taking part.


No comments: