Thursday 29 May 2014

One of those days of the year



Got up, got out of bed….(Beatles)

Didn’t drag a comb across my head – it doesn’t work. IF it looks any good (questionable) it’s if I do nothing except go for a bike ride or get it covered in salty swims in the sea.

So I cycled up to the village to buy fruit in the market but the fruit selling market man was not there, nor was his van, which Is how I knew he wasn’t there.

Then, with my hair looking ok-ish I did some writing.

Not this, but something longer.

Then once I had my character sat down in the cinema I noticed that my daughter was eating her way through a packet of cereal, so I made lunch.

Now I’m pretty sure yesterday that when I gave her some uncooked broad beans in a salad she said she preferred them cooked.

So for todays salad I cooked them.

“I prefer these uncooked.”

“Oh really?”

“Yes, they taste like eggs.”

They do too.

Then I washed up.

Whilst I washed up, Minnie (my daughter) played the piano.

She played the theme tune from the French film Le Fabuleux Destin d'Amelie Poulain..

So when I finished washing up I said, let’s go watch it.

We watched it.

I cried.

Then I went for a run.

Then I decided I didn’t want to go for a run.

So I un-ran.

Then I tried to write some more but found out that I didn’t want to write.

So I un-wrote.

Then I changed my mind and wrote something about a zen master who kills a fly.


Then I said – let’s go to the cinema.

No comments: