Friday 7 June 2013

In The Tunnels of Time - With a Lobster.




“Fancy that!”

“No I don’t!”

End of a conversation with my son that had started earlier that day with….

“Do you know that Lobsters are immortal?”

I didn’t.

Of course, being that this is my son talking, someone who gets most of his information from Amaru - Amaru being famous in our house for soaking the sofa in beer when asleep there and apparently trying to drink whilst dreaming – I decided to check things out for myself.

I didn’t have a Lobster at hand.

But a bit of googling, wikipediaing and some cross-referencing later I had to admit he had a point.

Or a pincer perhaps.

It seems that The Lobster shares such potential with a few other things, one of which is a type of jellyfish and the others of which have complicated names.

It further seems that there are a number of political parties that have taken Lobsterism to heart as their manifesto and are pushing for policy to aid and abet longer lives.

Infinite.

Fancy that?

Not sure I do, but if you asked me why I’m not sure that I could do anything other than mumble something about not being able to keep promises.


No comments: