Wednesday 26 December 2012

Done and Dusted.




Ok that’s Christmas done and dusted, the Bitsnbobs Christmasy Musical advent Calendar Thingy too.

Tomorrow I’ll post a quick recap and then it will be a case of clearing the decks (of the halls of holly) and ushering in the Quiz of The Year 2012.

Today I just want to put this here before it fades.

You came to me in my dream last night.
At a time of frustration and endeavour.
Battling with incomprehension.
I was inside, studying finer points of computer coding, pop-up menus that wouldn’t pop and note taking that was papered down in inefficiency – note pads that weren’t mine and full of other people’s jottings when I needed something blank.
Your coming took me outside, I was still taking notes but my book was my own, one in which I had pressed flowers from California.
You stopped,
You were the light.
You admired the flowers between my hands.
You wore no shoes, a two piece ‘suit’ of skirt and top, oranges and reds subtly entwined, your legs bare and tanned, your belly button showing.
You asked me how my love life was.
I lied.

No comments: