Saturday 12 May 2012

A First, Second, Third.


I REALLY like this title, especially now that we are in the middle of “A First” month here at Bitsnbobs – the blog with middle.

I think it has  - completeness.

Unfortunately I don’t know what to write – it’s just a title, hanging in the void of word.

Obviously I need three things; a race comes to mind or maybe a lesson that I was very slow to learn.

Hang on, that could be it!

Wait..

No, it took me four times and I’m still not sure I’ve learnt.

So perhaps it has to be a race.

A little while ago there was an interview in the newspaper with John Carlos who featured in a pretty sensational first, second, third in 1968.

Fuck, I was 13 – I remember it though, because the shock and inspiration broke into my suburban front room in southeast London.

No comments: