Saturday 28 April 2012

Bottled Christ Blood.



 Jesus Christ rode into Jerusalem, got crucified and was buried.

Bit of a bummer eh?

On the third day he rose from the dead, had a few beers with his mates and ascended into heaven!

I’m not religious, but I AM impressed.

I had a bad day once and I fell apart.

I lay on the floor staring at the ceiling for several hours, wrestled with myself until the pain was too much, drank a bottle of red wine and crawled into bed when I was finally no longer able to stand straight.

Oh, and I ate a whole packet of extra rich Lindt chocolate balls.

The ones that make you feel REALLY sick.

On the second day I did nothing.

Nothing nothing. 

I stayed in the house and spoke only to a woman trying to sell life insurance over the phone.

I told her it was too late.

On the third day I finally washed and left my pyjamas for the first time.

Then I did nothing nothing again until 7 in the evening.

Then!

Then I got my bike out, pumped the tyres and set off for hill and valley.

I came back when it got dark, said hello to the cats and came in and wrote this.

Maybe I’ve turned a page.

Maybe I’m resurrecting?

I guess I shouldn’t have opened this bottle of wine then?

Still, it could be the blood of Christ.

3 comments:

Mary said...

Bottled Blood of Christ???!!!!

And you don't think you're religious!!!??

Mx

Sorry you're feeling so low these days. It's been a very tough few weeks/months. We will persevere and hopefully, prevail.xox

popps said...

years?

Mary said...

Yes, years. More's the pity.

:-(

Mx