Sunday 6 November 2011

Thought of The Day 40


As the rain settles on another fading November autumn day, we find our two Sunday protagonists deep in a head to head looking for a Thought of The Day…..

Weird!

Weird?

Weird.

Er…. what was?

That.

That?

That.

Er…. what that?

Her.

Her?

Yep.

You’re not making a lot of sense this morning brother.

Brother?

It’s a turn of speech; I’m expressing endearment.

Oh.

So what’s going on?

My wife popped in, read a few pages of the blog turned and said – “you need a girlfriend mate.”

She did?

She did.

There’s a thought.

What?

Interesting thought. Let’s run with it?

Run with it? What are you talking about? Where to?

Paris!

Paris?

Paris!!

Now you’re not making sense what are you talking about?

My girlfriend!

You haven’t got a girlfriend.

I know, but what a thought eh?

You're mad, what would YOU do with a girlfriend?

Paris!!

I’m lost.

Paris mate! I’d meet her in Paris!

What now? November?

Why not?

Because you go to Paris in the Spring.

Don’t have to.

Do.

Don’t.

Do, do, do.

Don’t, any time is a good time, even in the November rain.

Why Paris? Why not - I don’t know - Barcelona? It’s probably sunny there.

Rick.

Rick?

Rick.

Eh?

Then I could be Rick.

Who’s Rick?

Me.

No you aren’t.

No, I know, but I could be, I’ve always wanted to be and he said it in the rain.

What are you talking about?

Rick!! Casablanca, Lisbon, the rain.

I thought we were talking about Paris.

We are.

You just said Lisbon.

I did?

Yes.

Oh, yes, that’s because in Casablanca Rick turns to his girlfriend and says – “We'll always have Paris.”

Casablanca?

Casablanca.

Not Lisbon?

Yes.

Yes?

Yes.

How can Casablanca be Lisbon?

It isn’t.

Can we start again?

Sure. Weird!

Weird?... No… I didn’t mean start this conversation again….. I meant explain it.

If I had a girlfriend I’d go to Paris than I could say to her whenever we met in the rain in Lisbon, or at the airport in Casablanca about to get the plane to Lisbon, “we’ll always have Paris.”

But you don’t have a girlfriend, who would WANT to be your girlfriend anyway?

That’s irrelevant.

No it isn’t, you would never be able to say, “we’ll always have Paris,” would you?

No, but then I could say, “we’ll always COULD have had Paris.”

I’m not sure that that is grammatically sound.

Me neither.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

can I say, we'll always have Portobello x