Friday 25 November 2011

Ashes to Ashes (cinderella)

photo by minnie
A few days, a week or maybe a month ago, certainly before I started drinking from this bottle of wine….

Hang on…. I’ll check….

9th of November there you go – that’s, er ….. hang on….. 16 days ago?

Maths was never my best subject, even sober.

So… 16 days ago I was rude about my cat Cinders.

I feel very stupid now.

She lived with me for almost 18 years, tomorrow I will bury her.

I will think of the day, almost 18 years back when I took her to Spain and sat on the beach with her – I won’t think about yesterday.

And not the day, sixteen ago, when I heartlessly called her fat, not knowing that it was a tumour.

7 comments:

Mary said...

Ah Cinders you had a marvelous face! Wish we could have met -- I just know we would have liked each other.

Mx

popps said...

purrrrrr!

Anonymous said...

There are a lot of goodbyes going on at the moment x love to you x farewell Cinders x

popps said...

Too many.

Anne Hodgson said...

Oh dear, what a November. You purrrrty cat, enjoy cat heaven.

vicki@holletts.com said...

Ah, how sad. Sorry.

18 years sounds like a very very ripe old age for a cat - a good long run.

popps said...

RUN!?
She wobbled!
I've got over the grieving!!