Sunday 23 January 2011

Thought of the Day (4)


Hey, do you know what I think?

No.

Well....... HANG ON, this is MY “Only-on-Sunday Series” - where I get to say what I am thinking.

Oh, yes, so it is. So, what do you think?

About what?

About compassion.

Compassion?

Yeah, I was sitting in the bath reading the book reviews in the Gu STOP!

Why?

You’re doing it again!

What?

Telling us what YOU are thinking in MY Sunday-only-special-series called Thought for the Day.

Oh, sorry, go ahead then.

Yeah, now I can’t remember what I was thinking about!

Compassion?

Yeah, that was it!

Did you read the review in The Guardian Weekly of Karen Armstrong’s new book – Twelve Steps to a Compassionate Life? It was next to the review of Ian Frazier’s –Travels in Siberia, which also sounded interesting.

No, what did it say?

Loads of interesting stuff and something about Redemption Religions and Wisdom Religions.

There's a difference?

Yes!

Wow!

It’s like that isn’t it, the more you read the more you want to read?

You took the words right out of my mouth.

I did?

You did! It’s like you know what I’m thinking!

No comments: