Wednesday 12 January 2011

I've seen the future!


Scheduled publishing is brilliant!

Here it means writing a post in advance and selecting the future time and date that you would like it to appear on the blog.

I experimented a little before Christmas when a rush of wrapping paper and ideas, building up over a self imposed blog advent abstinence, demanded resolution.

It did, unfortunately,lead to the now infamous Quiz of The Year cock-up (and subsequent embarrassing confusion) - but on the whole was a tidy addition to the Bitsnbobs arsenal.

Now I’m seeing how far I can go.

I have already scheduled the first two posts in February – very excited – and now I’m going to sit down and write December 25th,s.

No idea what I’m going to write today though!

3 comments:

anne said...

What an interesting thought: are certain days of the year so predictable that you can blog them 11 months in advance? Surprize yourself, Mr Bits and Bob: Hide Easter eggs on 25 December.

popps said...

No , i don't even know what will happen tomorrow Anne - it's just that i was disappointed with my December blog so i was thinking about the next one - what can i do - and i had an idea and then something happened that fitted so nicely i wanted to write it down before i forgot.
Then i got excited that i had found how to future schedule and it all seemed to be perfect.
ps then i forgot to do it!

Anne said...

he he, like Easter eggs, you'll find the knobs to scheduling when you least expect to