Tuesday 24 August 2010

A List that is GOOD!


Well I’m going to risk it for another night and stare into the dying embers of this fire.

Well it’s a new one actually, but in the same place as yestereve - and I’ll see if my spirit is the same.

The sky’s different, that’s for sure – menacing, almost violent layers of dirt over heavy, brooding grey and only the merest hint of light and hope in the north-west.

Like me yesterday maybe?

A friend sent me two horoscopes explaining that my gloom yesterday is being shared by Aquarius around the globe – oh dear.

This evening’s sky also seems to stretch further than me…

But you know what?

I wanna write this.

LIST OF THINGS THAT ARE GOOD.

Sleeping in moonlight.
A ripe blackberry picked from the hedgerow.
The caress of fresh water on your skin as you glide underwater.
Dozing off in a hammock.
The smell of the forest pine as you pass.
The crickets as day fades.
The first drops of rain.

I love the way they leave miniature circular rainbows on the computer screen, each one a magnifying glass to what I wrote – but do I risk electrocution?

No comments: