Tuesday 20 July 2010

Monday Morning (part two) (on tuesday)


Now what? (continued from yesterday)

Well, spill some of that really hot tea onto my pyjama-ed leg for one thing.

Then, go for a swim in the pond for two thing.

Krissie bought a plastic floating lily-pad flower to decorate the pond and as I slipped into the cool water I noticed a large bumble bee had taken up residence in the centre; it will be disappointed.

And then some exercises, or was it the other way around?

Anyway I’m back here in the inside out room, or should I say out in the inside out room?

Who knows, there is never any one there to help you when you need.

Like for example – “what should I put on this burn?” Clearly no more hot tea, that much I know, but what about butter? I’m sure I saw something on television when I was a child that warned against this, but it may have been because it interfered with hospital intervention if it was required.

Though, for the life of me now I can’t remember how butter woukd cause problems for medical staff unless they had a lactic intolerance.

I could go up to the village where the guy-who-used-to-own-the-shop-but-retired-and-moved-to-a-house-across-the-road-and-sits-on-the-pavement-casting-an-evil-eye-over-all-who-try-to-run-a-new-business-there is renowned among the locals for his healing powers for burns.

But frankly just imaging him laying his hands on my thigh makes me feel ill, so I wont.

So I’ll just sit here and suffer until the pain fades, and try and write something that is not thinly disguised waffle.

In fact I do know what I am meant to be writing about, Mary reminded me in the latest issue of The Digestive (issue 5).

Kaboodle.

But I’m worried that in fact I may have nothing much worth saying on the subject.

Tomorrow?

4 comments:

Mary said...

Now that is just a tease!

Mx

PS -- recommend zinc ointment for the burn.

popps said...

Thanks Mary, but too late Krissie gave me a pot of some weird stuff distilled from flowers that grow nearby that we usually smear on the cat.
Meow.

Mary said...

Somehow you've cleverly avoided mentioning any hint about what Kaboodle might be. Anticipation is growing.

Sounds like you're having a laid back summer except for mention of going into the 'office'.

Too bad about the watch -- a classic -- has it revived itself?

Summer is going too quickly here. Still hoping I'll manage to get a week off.

Mx

PS I keep a tube of zinc ointment handy for burns, sunburn, prickly heat, scrapes -- learned about it as a remedy for diaper rash when my son was a baby.

popps said...

Growing anticipation - oh no!!! The exact opposite effect than intended- it's sure to disappoint as i probably have very little to say.
Anyway it will be there tomorrow - honest.(i wrote something monday)
Summer here is also going too fast, i blame the fifa world cup.
Diaper rash- hmm, it has to be calendula cream.