Thursday 22 July 2010

Hard (contact) Logic (and a Nightset).


I’m married to Krissie.

Krissie wears contact lenses.

I hate contact lenses.

I know I took vows - love and to cherish ‘till death us do part etc – but there was nothing in there about contact lenses.

Typical scene – watching a film, packed cinema, front row.

“Oh no”
“What?”
“My lens, it’s popped out!”
“How?!”
“I blinked!”

Search, search, search, scrabble around on floor, miss twenty minutes of film, annoy neighbours, find the chocolate I dropped, scrabble.

“Oh!’
“What?”
“I’ve found it!”
“Where?”
“In my eye!!”

Recently, well a few years ago, she switched to flexible disposable ones, though to be honest if I had my way they would ALL be thrown away.

But they were never right – trips to the optician to change the strength, get eyes re-tested, change brand – nothing worked.

“I can’t see!”

So last week she went to the expert for a full-scale overhaul.

She came back.

“Any better?”
“Yes, perfect!”
“What did they do, give you some glasses?”
“No, they discovered the problem.”
“And?”
“I was wearing them inside out.”


more on contact lenses here

4 comments:

Vicki said...

Ha! I'm right with Krissie on this one!
I have hard contact lenses but I also have some of those soft ones for swimming. It's like trying to insert cling film. You have to keep them the right way up when you get them out of the liquid, 'cause one failed attempt and you're screwed.

popps said...

Hi Vicki, could you ask your husband if he'd like to join my campaign to bring back glasses?

Vicki Hollett said...

I just asked. He says he wants to sign up right away.

popps said...

Great! I'll send him the secret handshake!