Thursday 15 July 2010

Happy Birthdaybeforeyesterday



The last time my watch appeared in these pages was on the 3rd October 2009 (handy click-on-able link right here!).

It didn’t look like this (see photo above).

It looks like this today because a few when-my-niece-was-staying-days-ago (you can click here) we went canoeing and I fell in the river.

I always fall in when I go canoeing, but I don’t usually wear my watch on or in water – so the condensation, and presumably precipitation, currently happening inside my timepiece is not intentional, but I quite like it. (There is nothing worth putting into brackets this time).

In the picture you will notice there is a particularly satisfying drop hovering over the 12, a drop I can move by tilting my wrist at different angles, which will split into smaller constellations of droplets through the course of a day and which I can then attempt to coalesce at moments of boredom.

Hours (minutes and seconds) of fun!

My niece tells me I should put the watch into the airing cupboard, but of course I don’t have an airing cupboard (she lives in Kentish suburbia where evidently such things are commonplace).

The temperature today is 36 degrees Celsius (it has been for days) and I think that is higher than most of the airing cupboards in Tunbridge Wells (where Charlotte-Rose-Beautiful lives) - so you would think that whatever she has in mind to happen there, would be happening here.

It isn’t. (By the way it was her birthday the day before yesterday.)

No comments: