Tuesday 13 April 2010

Once again.


Ah, at last. Once again I can drive with my arm hanging out of the car window, a warm breeze rushing inside the sleeve of my t-shirt.

Isn’t that what life is all about?

Once again I can sleep with the window open too - though a cuckoo in the tree outside woke me earlier than planned.

Once again I can count the butterflies on the track (3), listen to the drone of bees, smell blossom, dry my washing on the line, plant flowers and tonight sip wine around an open fire looking at the stars.

Isn’t that what it’s all about?

5 comments:

Mike Harrison said...

Sounds wonderful!

I've been washing plant pots and counting bumblebees (3), as well as visiting the Tate Britain - goiod times.

My dad and grandmother berated a poor bumblebee (not like the creature can respond - well I guess it could sting if offended) for collecting oregano pollen one day last summer. Turns out this is actually crucial for bee honey - who knew???

Anonymous said...

Looks wonderful - let the hum of the bees be borne on the breeze past Toppers knees to the Whitstable seas - to London were going - let the wind keep on blowing and bring those sweet bees to the London plane trees - bring it on the adventure begins x

popps said...

Mike - HOW do you berate a bumble bee?

Mike Harrison said...

Well, it wasn't me berating the poor bee :-P

I think they just said to each other "Sill bee, what's it doing going in the oregano?!?"

Mike Harrison said...

"Silly bee..."