Tuesday 26 January 2010

Perfect day?


I’ve twice failed to post on this blog during January, so far and as a general rule I try to come up with something just to keep the thing rolling.

There is no obligation but that which I set myself, no need really and probably no point – but then what’s the point of anything?

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................well, you’ve got to do something!

Dave, if you read this blog could you remind me of the name of the stand up comedian who’s lines I have just borrowed?

He used to say something similar and then stop, sit down on the front of the stage and stare into a deeply gloomy future, some distant off.

It was both very funny and very tragic.

Excellent theatre – which in the context of stand up comedy was unusual.

Anyway – of the two days I missed one was an important birthday the other statistically, apparently, the most depressing day of the year.

I myself felt fairly good yesterday.

True when I returned after a day’s work and Krissie asked – did you have a good day – I hesitated.

The problem was the word good.

It had been a functional day.

A good day needs some or all of the following; a natural awakening, sea, blue sky, a coffee on a terrace outside, a run along a beach or through a forest, a surprise, Krissie laughing, a chapter from a good book, a post card from a friend and time to enjoy them.

A perfect day?

Well, sometimes you have to settle for good.

2 comments:

Dave said...

Sorry mate. I can't remember the quote or the person who used it. Naturally I would be hard pressed to remember the person unless I remembered hearing them say the lines and I don't.

I'm slowly re-arranging my life so I may get around to being in touch or even posting on my blog but then, what's the point, eh?

popps said...

Dave, good to see you, you DO know his name - he directed one of your shows and you said he was the best you'd ever had.
Roy?