Wednesday 18 March 2009

Animals Crossing.

On Monday evening, leaving a primordial sunset behind me in Toulouse, it was dark when i arrived in the valley near where i live. it was damp too, after the heat of an early summer-spring day.

I came around a corner and in the glare of the headlights i saw a frog motionless in the middle of the road. I swerved , it lived and i carried on. The next bend there was another, this one slowly creeping across to the sanctuary of the river beyond.

100 meters later there was another, there were seven in total before i started to climb away from the humidity of the river bed to the dry musky evening on the hill.

The next day i was returning in the afternoon from Albi, the window was open and the spring was streaming in. A bee too,it was sucked in by the pressure and hit my neck with a resounding whack before falling stunned on my lap. A few meters later it recovered, crawled up my shirt and left by the same window.

Today, returning from taking Minnie to the school bus i surprised two ducks in the middle of the road, looking for the lake or material for a nest.

No comments: