Monday 28 January 2008

Happy Birthday


The postlady only comes to the house occasionally, i live down the end of a long track and any delivery is a detour for her, so it was a total surprise that a parcel posted from America on the 12th December arrived today on my birthday.

It was a book that i had first seen in a small bookshop (formerly a café) at Stinson Beach near San Francisco back in August last year, had eventually ordered from Amazon and which arrived today.

Thus i received a total of 2 books this birthday, one called The Road and the other The Path.

Krissie seems to think that this constitutes an omen, or at very least a strong and meaningful co-incidence.

I'll ponder that.

I met a woman from Holland the other night who is house sitting a friend of a friend's house and she told us of a dream that she had had when she first became a mother; that her daughter would become a nun. She spent a long time praying that this wouldn't happen.

Guess what?

Her daughter is now a nun in New York.

And talking of paths and roads, here is a quote that i have always liked, and used to help light my way sometimes.

"Any path is only a path, and there is no afront to oneself or to others in the dropping of it if that's what your heart tells you....look at every path closely and deliberately. Try it as many times as you think necessary. Then ask yourself alone one question. Does the path have a heart. if it does the path is good. If it doesn't it is of no use."

Sorry, I'm neither sure of the source, nor of the fact that i haven't caused affront to others in the manner of my deciding to drop a path.

5 comments:

popps said...

take the path or follow the road to the beach.

London Joe said...

The pathway, yes. Probably overgrown and not obviously a path.
Perhaps untrodden

popps said...

How did you get here Joe, eight years later?

London Joe said...

Time is a concept in the world of Bits'n'Bobs

(Oh alright, I followed a link on the left)

A propos de time, are you coming to the UK soon? I spend a chunk of my life in Hove with my girlfriend, Penny Bailey, but am usually in London midweek.

Do let me know

Kisses to you all


Giuseppe

popps said...

I agree, very relative, a bit like space - where is the UK these days? :-)