Sunday 15 November 2009

A Month of -(sundays?) Coincidences


When I was at primary school I had a dog – Joey.

Sometimes he would run off and since we lived near a small wood he would always make for there. Strangely he always went around the block to get there, so as soon as we saw that he was missing we would take the short cut up Tile Farm Road and intercept him at the entrance to the woods.

I don’t know why I told you that.

Anyway, I found my wife at the airport in Toulouse again; she had been in Germany (and England and Germany again).

While she was in England I rang her – as you do, and spoke to her mum – as you do, and she told me that it was raining – as it does.

Raining a lot!

In fact the next day, I think it was yesterday, I found the following headline in the newspaper.

Britain faces heaviest storms of the year

So I guess Beryl wasn’t exaggerating.

A possibly unrelated event- but a striking coincidence nonetheless – was outlined in the very next (as in adjacent) headline.

Nasa crash reveals water on moon

Though I think you’ll agree that one could be the consequence of the other.

I’m afraid you’ll just have to take my word for the fact that they were slap next to each other but it is part and parcel of this blog’s terms of existence that I won’t lie to you without telling you so.

So, that’s entry eleven in a month of sundays, i mean coincidences

No comments: